Come experience our restaurant in Cape May, NJ and enjoy wonderful dishes in a fun and friendly environment. View our awards and accolades below.
Awarded to the top 10 U.S. inns that offer the best on-site dining in addition to luxurious accommodations. Read more.
2015 TripAdvisor Green Leaders Gold Level Award
The Mad Batter Restaurant was voted Great For Outdoor Dining, Best Contemporary American Cuisine, and Most Booked Restaurant.
2015 Best Happy Hour
2015 Best Kid Friendly Cape May Restaurant
- 2016 - "Cocktails We Crave: Bellini from Mad Batter Restaurant & Bar at Carroll Villa Hotel" by Bnbfinder.com
- 2016 - named to the list "20 restaurants you have to visit in NJ before you die" by Only in Your State
- 2016 - Published in "The Jersey Shore Cookbook" by Deborah Smith
- In 2015, the Star Ledger’s iconic food critic Pete Genovese named the Mad Batter as a semi-finalist in his J.'s Best Bars showdown.
- Best of Cape May 2015, “Best Brunch,” “Best Happy Hour,” “Best Kid Friendly Restaurant”
- Runner-up – Pancakes, Wings, Crabcakes, Outdoor dining, Live Music, Bed & Breakfast, Hotel, Couples Friendly Hotel, Family Friendly Hotel
- Best of Cape May 2014, “Best Brunch,” “Best Happy Hour,” Runner-up – Pancakes, Wings, Cocktail, Bed & Breakfast
- 2011-2015 Certificate of Excellence, tripadvisor.com
- 2014-2015 Green Leaders Gold Level Award, tripadvisor.com
- 2014 Diner’s Choice Award – “Best vibrant bar scene, neighborhood gem, most booked,” opentable.com
- 2014 Top 10 Restaurant Inns – awarded to the top 10 U.S. inns that offer the best on site dining in addition to luxurious accommodations, bedandbreakfast.com
- 2014 Restaurants Worth Travelling For, Flipkey.com
- Jersey Choice Restaurant Poll 2014, “Best Breakfast,” “Best Brunch” – New Jersey Monthly Magazine, July 2014
- Best Breakfasts South – New Jersey Monthly Magazine, January 2014
- Best of Cape May 2013, "Best Brunch," "Best Breakfast," "Best Happy Hour," CapeMay.com
- Best of Cape May 2012, "Best Brunch", CapeMay.com
- Best of Cape May 2011, "Best Brunch" and "Best Restaurant," CapeMay.com
- Best of Cape May 2010, "Best Brunch," CapeMay.com
- Best of the Shore 2010, South Jersey Magazine
- Best of Cape May 2009, "Best Brunch," CapeMay.com
- Best of Cape May 2008, "Best Brunch," CapeMay.com, September 2008
- 25th Annual Readers' Choice, "Best Brunch" - New Jersey Monthly Magazine, August 2008
- 23rd Annual Readers' Choice, "Best Brunch" - New Jersey Monthly Magazine, August 2006
- 22nd Annual Readers' Choice, "Best Brunch" - New Jersey Monthly Magazine, August 2005
- The Best of New Jersey, Voted "Best Pancakes" - New Jersey Monthly Magazine, April 2001
America's Best Food Cities: Readers' Choice Awards. Conde Nast Traveler. 2014
In NJ, Mad Batter still serving up fun. Boston Globe. 2014
Beach Weekend Getaway in Cape May. Fodor's Travel. 2012
The Mad Batter Restaurant & Bar in Cape May. Down-Home South Jersey. July 17, 2012
Sunday Brunch Feelings Welcome Visitors to Cape May. Wake and Wonder. June 22, 2012
New Jersey offering hotels incentives to be more eco-friendly Press of Atlantic City. March 25, 2012
South Jersey restaurant galleries connect artists with patrons Press of Atlantic City. February 12, 2012
Baby Boomers' next step: Getting out of business. Press of Atlantic City. January 8, 2012
Band Spotlight: Blondage at Mad Batter in Cape May. Press of Atlantic City. October 26, 2011
La Vinci Productions tagged The Mad Batter Restaurant and Bar At The Carroll Villa Hotel in a video.
Cape May, NJ: Green is here to stay. Green Traveller Guides, August 19, 2011
Cape May: Not just a day at the beach. New York Resident, July 2011
Weeklong stay in Cape May, NJ. July 3, 2011
The Mad Batter, NBC 40, July 2, 2011
Mad Batter's been offering Cape May better breakfasts for 35 years. Cape May Star and Wave, June 8, 2011.
Cap Sur Cape May, Escapade, June 2011
Cape May Captivates, Baltimore Sun. May 12, 2011
Cape May's Mad Batter Spreads the Musical Wealth, Press of Atlantic City. May 11, 2011
Great Escape: Cape May Jazz Festival, Hellertown LowerSauconPatch. April 6, 2011
Spring Break "Semi-Staycations" in New Jersey, MommyPoppins.com
Vets Remember Battle of the Buldge. Shore News Today. December 29, 2010.
Green gingerbread a hard sell. The Press of Atlantic City. December 20, 2010.
Carroll Villa Provide Free Rooms to Veterans. Cape May County Herald. November 11, 2010.
Featured on Baristanet
Featured in BMW Magazine. Read the article
Featured in USA Today's NJ Shore Guide
Mentioned in Christina's Hearts - March 30, 2010
Featured in Cape class helps students become brewmeisters. - Press of Atlantic City, January 18, 2010.
Featured in Solar panels OK in Cape, just hide them. - Press of Atlantic City, December 20, 2009.
Mentioned in Good Deals, Great Times - Boston Globe, September 13, 2009
Mentioned in South South South South Jersey - July 15, 2009
Mentioned in What's hot at the BEACH? The Patriot News, July 2, 2009.
Featured in Batter Up: Cape May restaurant serves up fun & style - indulge, May 15, 2009.
Mentioned in Summer Getaways - Hudson Valley Magazine, May 2009
Mentioned in Cape Cuisine: Cape May has dining options abound - Celebrate Spring in Cape May County, April 19, 2009.
"Thick-sliced orange and almond French toast and award-winning buttermilk pancakes give the Mad Batter the best breakfast in this ﬁne dining town. Art exhibits, live music, and a lively happy hour complement the cuisine. Enjoy it all from the porch overlooking Cape May’s historic Jackson Street."
US Airways Magazine profile on South Jersey, January 2009
Featured in 114 Best Restaurants - New Jersey Monthly Magazine, July 2005
Featured in Flapjack Attack - Philadelphia Magazine, July 2001
News Flash, Cape May, NJ! The Mad Batter Strikes Again!
June 26, 2008
Chef Lisa Shriver wins Cape May Gourmet Chef Challenge
April 9, 2008
We Shore Were Hungry
May 22, 2008
BED AND BREAKFAST "GOES GREEN"
Jennifer Husko, NBC 40 - 4/11/08
Harry Kulkowitz - A Hero's Welcome in Normandy
(Originally published on CapeMay.com, July 2004)
Height of Good Taste (S)- How Cape May Became a Culinary Capital
(NY Times July - 2005)
Hammonton Gazette 1-31-07
Fox 29 Visits Mad Batter: